I am an agent of change whose passion for human development spans 35 years of training and practice in psychology and spirituality.
My journey is best described as following breadcrumbs along a path, each one representing a major step in my development. My first psychology course as an undergraduate was riveting and propelled me into graduate school. Participating in a Gestalt Therapy workshop and a subsequent post-graduate training program, provided a psychological framework I used to guide growth and development with individuals and groups for the 20 years I was a psychotherapist.
Two powerful spiritual experiences provided the awakening that radically changed my perspective on and resulted in a deep dive into spiritual study and practice. This included a return to graduate school where, not working for the first time since starting college, I had the space to absorb Ken Wilber’s Integral Theory which became my core framework for understanding the totality of the journey of human consciousness. Last, the Unique Self Teachings articulated by Dr. Marc Gafni (and called by Wilber the next important chapter in Integral Spirituality) provided the theoretical and practical framework that weaves together the essential components foundational for psycho-spiritual development.
Because the “breadcrumbs” never stop appearing, I won’t say my colleague Claire Molinard is the last crumb along my path; however it has been one of the major joy’s of my life to meet and collaborate with such a wonderful being. With our individual and overlapping skills and experiences we co-developed the Unique Self Emergence Process, which we offer to change agents in a nine month certification program as well as use with our clients. It is my deep honor to offer this powerful psycho-spiritual process of change to the world.
Degrees and certifications:
- M.A. Counseling Psychology (University of Northern Iowa)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Gestalt Therapy (Gestalt Institute of Chicago)
- Certificate in Esoteric Healing (International Network of Esoteric Healing)
- Practitioner Certificate (Sancta Sophia Seminary)
- M.Div. with concentration in Spirituality (San Francisco Theological Seminary)
- Diploma in the Art of Spiritual Direction
- Certificate in Integral Coaching (Integral Coaching Canada)
- 20 years psychotherapist in private practice
- 15 years agent of change combining psychology and spirituality as a teacher, guide and consultant
- Studied and practiced in the Buddhist, Mystical Christian and the Trans- Himalayan lineages